Fall Five Stage Two – Rob’s Results
A large drop of rain
Here’s my accounting of my “race” results on Stage Two of the Ride Studio Cafe’s Fall Five.
Stage Two Race Summary Haiku:
lightning, thunder, wind
rain, darkness, downed trees, flood, leaves
a good night to ride
Stage Two Race Summary Stats:
- Race Time: Tuesday, October 30 at 8:45 pm
- Stage Type: Point-To-Point
- Weather: Temperature 55, strong rain, lightning, thunder, wind ~10-15 mph
- Time bonus: For photos on this stage: Five seconds for five photos.
- Comment: I didn’t think I’d hate this more than the first stage, but I did. I’m sure Stage Three will be a piece of pie. Can’t wait!
Stage Two Photos:
How I’m feeling at the end of this Fall Five stage – slapdashed, with twine.
While mounting my fenders for this evening’s rainy ride, it would have made sense for me to pay attention to this omen. Apparently I was having trouble focusing.
Rain at the starting line.
The finish line: Strawberry Hill by moonlight.
The wind’s choice of direction isn’t helping me at all. I was stalling for a collimation of wind and route but now I’m out of time.