I’ve been fortunate to work with the good people at Ride Studio Cafe on a new project: Ride Headquarters. The grand opening is on 21 August at 8:00 am. If you’re in the area of Sherborn, MA, please stop by; it’s going to be a great day of riding, talking bikes, and drinking coffee.
Here are a few of the expected highlights:
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
- 8am – Doors Open
- 8 – 10am – Breakfast Served
- 8:30am – Group Road Ride Departs, 35 miles
- 9am – 3pm – Supplier Expo
- 4:30pm – HUGE Raffle to be held – not necessary to be present to win. Proceeds go to non-profits who make riding better through their work.
Some of the people that will be at the Grand Opening
This list is growing daily. Keep checking back to see who will be here. Most of the suppliers listed will be contributing great products to our HUGE raffle. Details of the raffle will be posted prior to our Grand Opening. You won’t want to miss it!
- Cat’s Tongue Towels – Easily de-grime and de-grease with these towels for the road and home shop.
- HotShot – A drink scientifically proven to prevent and treat muscle cramps.
- Lazer Sport – Comfortable, protective, and fashion-forward helmets and eyewear.
- MassBike – The Massachusetts Bicycle Coalition (MassBike) promotes a bicycle-friendly environment and encourages bicycling for fun, fitness and transportation. They are one of the recipients of the raffle proceeds.
- Overland Base Camp – Fun mixed terrain ride event organizers of the highest caliber.
- Quality Bike Products – Supplier of bike-related components, accessories, tools, and much more.
- Sandy Huckleberry – Massage Therapist who knows exactly what cyclists need. She is offering leg and back massages all day. We’ll post her schedule here soon.
- Search and State – Road cycling apparel made with the highest quality in NYC.
- Seven Cycles – Makers of the highest-quality fully custom, hand-built bikes located in Watertown, MA.
- Velocio All-year, all-weather great fitting and great looking cycling apparel for women and men.
Ride HQ is also having a raffle to raise money for local trail and road advocacy groups. Raffle items include:
- Velocio apparel – RECON Hardshell Jacket for men or women (the winner selects desired sex, size and color!) – A $395 value!
- Porto – $100 Gift Certificate for a fine meal and experience at Porto, a new restaurant that’s just opened in Back Bay. The owners of Porto have been supporters of ours for years.
- HotShot – Two winners will each receive a HOTSHOT prize pack that includes a 12-pack of product, a HOTSHOT hat, a HOTSHOT journal, and some HOTSHOT squeeze bottles.
- Honey Bikes – A voucher for 10% off a full bike – this is a ~$300-$400 value!
- Seven Cycles – A voucher for 10% off a Seven frameset – this is a $250-$530 value!
I hope you’ll stop by and say hello the RHQ team — an amazing group of dedicated bike and industry people.