For the upcoming Massachusetts Tandem Rally hosted by Ride Studio Cafe, we’re putting together a mixed-terrain tandem ride. As far as I can determine, it’s the first of its kind. If you ride a tandem in the woods, I hope you can join us; it’s going to be an amazing day.
The Studio is also hosting two road tandem rides — for the more traditional tandemists. For riders looking for some dirt and technical challenge, here’s the high level information about the mixed-terrain ride:
The Massachusetts Tandem Rally Mixed-Terrain Ride
This is an unusual tandem ride. We’re riding mixed-terrain of singletrack, fire roads, and pavement. We’ll see a bit of everything. If you’d like to join us for this ride, and you’re not used to riding mixed-terrain on your tandem, please read the bike requirements below. We expect a small group for this ride because most tandems aren’t designed for this kind of riding.
- Start Time: 8:45 am
- Distance: About 25 miles
- Estimated Time: About 4 to 6 hours
- Terrain: Suburban to rural, a true mix of singletrack, fire roads, and pavement. 99% rideable on a tandem.
- Climbing: Average; about 70 feet per mile.
- Food included:
- Pre-ride Breakfast beginning at 7:00 am
- On route snack stop
- Post-ride Dinner beginning at 1:30 pm