On March 3, Thursday evening at 7:00 pm, Patria Lanfranchi and I will be presenting a bikepacking how-to clinic at Ride Studio Cafe. I’m really looking forward to this because it’s such a big topic, and I’ve made all the mistakes along the way.
We’re going to cover too many topics, including:
- Bike setup and parts selection
- Packing system methodology
- Sleep systems
- Shelter systems
- Cooking systems and food management
- Water management and treatment
- Light systems
- Electronics management: solar, generator, battery systems
- Ways to travel with your bike
- Wildlife encounter management
- Weather and climate management: From 20 to 100 degrees Fahrenheit. From snow to days of rain to endless summer sun.
- Bike maintenance on-route — and preventive maintenance: What to carry with you and what never to use on your bike
- Routing methodology
- How to get started on your first bikepacking adventure.
- Lots of time for questions and answers — or, at least questions.
- Review of upcoming bikepacking trips you can take part in!
- And more! Actually, I’m not sure how we’re going to fit all that into 90 minutes but we’ll do our best.
I hope someone other than me and Patria show up!
Note: The original date for this event was Thursday, February 25. We had to change it because of too many projects going on at once!