A brief biography of Rob Vandermark.
- ~ 1980 – 1988: Bike shop mechanic and sales person as a kid from junior high school through college.
- ~ 1982+: Summer school at the School of the Museum of Fine Arts, Boston – studying figurative sculpture.
- ~1984 – 1987: Art college x2. Mass College of Art. School of the Museum of Fine Arts, Boston. Dropped out of both.
- ~1985: Started art publication.
- 1987: Hired at Merlin Metalworks. shipper to finisher to machinist to welder to product designer to R&D to process improvement to production management.
- ~1988: Worked at Fat City Cycles.
- ~1988 – 1991: Worked at Halls Wheels designing and building wheelchairs for racing, court sports, and everyday use.
- January 6, 1997: Incorporated Seven Cycles with three other people.
- January 14, 2010: Honey Bikes.
- March 27, 2010: Opened the doors at Ride Studio Cafe.
- June 3, 2013: Alternate Space project introduced.
- November 7, 2014: Overland Base Camp officially begins.
Salieri: Did my work please you?
Mozart: [hesitantly] I never knew that music like that was possible.
Salieri: [uncertainly] You flatter me.
Mozart: No, no! One hears such sounds, and what can one say but… “Salieri.”
- Riding To the Horizon about the places I ride
- Seven Cycles website
- Old blog archive
When I grow up I want to be: